An Introduction to a coming Gacha Developer

Hello, and welcome to my reddit post! Just kidding! I'm always one for jokes here and there. Introductions are in order; my name is Ron Mencias, I am 19 years old, I live near the TUD Blanchardstown college, around 5-10 mins walk and am aspiring to pass this course! 

So a bit more about myself; we can start by talking about the best class I took last year. The best class I took from last year would be my photoshop class. Through it, I was able to learn and produce some nice digital art, although not as fancy or nice as the others, its a nice start and I'm looking forward to developing my craft.

Here is an example of the work I did from last year in this class. 

My Photoshop Project creation


A favourite show of mine would be Akame ga kill. I love this show for its characters and dark story that it provides. Although I like the show, I prefer the manga version of it, which is different from the anime. This is because the anime changed a few things from the manga which I still find dissatisfying to this day. 

Akame ga Kill

Another favourite anime of mine is Violet Evergarden. It was the only other anime that I have watched that has successfully made me cry. No, literally I cried so hard whilst watching this masterpiece, this anime is just so well-written and well imagined. This is an anime that clearly touches your soul in a personal way.

Violet Evergarden


I have no favourite choice of music, as I'm open to all forms of music genre; whether that may be rock, country, rap, pop or even jazz. I just listen to almost everything besides the newer songs that are trending or are popular right now. I don't like them as they don't spark my interest nor attention. There a few new songs that are to my liking but that is just because of their unique tone, beat or range used. 

Besides being open to nearly all types of music, there are in fact artists that I would always love to listen to every time. 

One of these artists is Aimer; a Japanese pop singer who has sung many songs for a variety of works. My favourite compilation of songs that she had sung is those used for the Fate series. Pieces such as Haruwayuku, After Dark and Brave Shine, are a few of many examples that demonstrate her talent of singing. 

The tonal ranges that she can reach, the moods of each song, the different feels you get from each of them, just cement her as my top favourite artists. 




For hobbies, I don't have that many hobbies. Mainly as a hobby, I would either write or play a game. What I would write when I would have the time to spare, would be blogging for mobile games and writing short fanfics from a variety of different franchises. 

The kind of games that I blog about is, as I stated, mobile games. These games would be the games that I play the most on my phone, and it is these games that I would blog about. Such mobiles games include Fate/Grand Order, Arknights and Genkai Impact.

Genkai Impact; a hack & slash, adventure, fantasy game.

Arknights; a tower defence, strategic, lore/story-heavy game


Nowadays, I would play mobile games such as the ones stated above, however, I'm not afraid to go and play other games, mainly on my laptop. Such games include the Total War games; which I nearly have all of them, Warhammer 40k Soulstorm, Minecraft and League of Legends

I know there's a similar pattern to many of the games I've mentioned and yes they're all strategy games. I'm a huge fan for strategy games and recently gacha games; where you collect people. 







Comments

  1. Hola Ron, I can see we have a lot of things that we have similar interests in xD. Genshin has been a blast to play so you should add me on it ;). Also love Aimer myself. Best album for me is Daydream with that insane opening of a song 'Insane Dream'. I myself have just gotten into digital art so I'm fiddeling around with it for now XD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ron!
    I'm so happy someone have a LOT of things that is similar to mine hahahaha. Reading your post about Violet Evergarden make me remember how much I cried watching that T_T. I also remember the time when you get to go home so fast because you live so close to college and I would just get annoyed hahhaaa. By the way, I like your photoshop design!
    -Flopssy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Day to you, fine sir!
    I am not going to lie, I did NOT expect you to be a huge fan of mobile games. None the less, that is rather interesting. One thing that I do not understand, however, is Gacha. What is it? an anime style game? I have never met someone who is as interested in Anime related stuff. It is such a vast field to be interested in, there is no end to its contents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's up Ron, hope you're doing well. I'm glad to hear all about your hobbies and skills. Photoshop is a really good skill to have, especially for this course. I haven't watched many Animes myself but my favourite would be my hero academia. I might check out Violet Evergarden if i'm in the mood to watch a good one haha. Also glad to see Minecraft on your list as that's such a good game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Ron! Reading through your blog I can see we definitely have some things in common! I'm a big fan of Genshin Impact, installed it when it came out and love the gameplay. I haven't watched Violet Evergarden but if you say you love it that much I must give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey hows it going Ron, I really enjoyed your blog and share a great interest in anime like yourself, although I say you are well more familiar than I am with it I started watching Naruto and really enjoy the world and characters. I am also from blanchardstown myself so you and I understand what a great place it is XD lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey ron

    Great blog entry, i really enjoyed learning more about you, Akame ga kill is a fantastic anime lol, im also a big fan of anime, my favorites would have to be Naruto and any studio ghibli movie. i see you enjoy mobile gaming i cant say im the same but ill definitely check them games out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ron! I remember we did a PLC course last year in Dunboyne but reading this post allowed me to get to know you a little bit more. I like your photoshop project creation you did last year it is very creative. I say it is nice to live close to the college and not take any public transport. I hope you enjoy the rest of this course :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Ron, I really enjoyed reading your blog about yourself, I say that you live close to the college I would probably still be late haha, . Your photoshop image is so good!. I must say the module I least liked last year would have to be photoshop I just couldn't get the hang of it. I wouldn't be that much into games which is why I'm a bit nervous for making one this year. Best of luck with this year-Niamh

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ron good to meet you
    Must be good to live so close to the collage. I enjoyed the Photoshop too but I have to ask and don't think I'm being rude but what was your project because I cant make head or tales of it. I agree with you on the Akama ga kill manga being better then the anime too many people died in the anime that where perfectly fine in the manga. Also I'm a fan of different music too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ron! Your photoshop artwork looks class, I loved the class as well since I didn't know anything about photoshop and a year later I'm still learning because there's so much to uncover. I'm the same with my music taste, my spotify playlist is a mess but I wouldn't have it any other way. There's so much good music out there and I can't not mix it up a bit. - Anna Zurawska

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts