Tackling Assignments and what I feel about it

 Well, this blog is a straightforward one; my initial thoughts and feelings on this year's assignments, how they are laid out, what they are, what is required of them and more. It's simply a bit of rambling from me so hopefully, you'll enjoy this one. 

I have divided the blog into different subheadings, which makes it easier for me to express my different views on the assignments.


I'm not like that, this is just for your entertainment. xD

Reading

For our reading part of our assignments, we would need to read the materials provided and then write about it in an academic style. 

Already this is going to be troublesome. I wouldn't mind the readings to be only 20-30mins long. However, when the reading becomes 40-45mins then we have a problem. Reading materials shouldn't be this long, especially in a course such as ours, where 80% of our project work is done on a computer. Hence, reading shouldn't even take 30mins. Reading should be around 10-15mins max. 

Secondly, I'm not a fan of using the academic style in my writing. I feel that using an academic style takes away my own personality when it comes to writing. Writing for me; whether for college or not, should be done in your own language and style, not on a given structure that doesn't express your own personality in the words. 

Unity3D

Unity3D is a game development software that allows an individual to create a game, whether as a 2D or a 3D game. Honestly, I'm excited about using Unity for the first time, as I always wanted to make a game, particularly a 2D gacha game. The theme of it and the premises of the game, yet to solidify it, but I have an idea on what my game would be. 

Thankfully, for someone like myself who has never used this software, we're gonna be going through tutorials that'll help us get to know and utilise Unity. This is one part of the course that I'm looking forward too, and I express the same feeling for those who think so too. 

By the end of all the learning, I desire to use the skills I learnt to make my 2D gacha game a reality. I don't want to make a 3D game, even though I have a feeling that we're gonna make one regardless. However, for my project work overall I would want to make my own game, the game that I want. 

Blog Comments

We also need to read other students blogs each week and comment on their blogs. This is something that I'll have no problems doing, especially on the blogs of people who I know. I'll be dropping either jokes or some reference to a show or something, depends on who though. 

Commenting on people's blogs though can be a hassle sometimes especially for me. If it's someone that I don't know I tend to end up not knowing what to say to that person. Despite the fact that we did an introduction blog I still can't seem to find something to say to them.

Project

Honestly, this is something that going to be challenging for me. Firstly, it depends on who is with me on the group project. I tend to work better with people who I know and who have similar interests.  I find myself working best with those people and trying to work with people who don't have similar interests or who I know well is going to be difficult. 

However, that's not gonna stop me from trying at least. 

Feedback

Feedback is something that I have no problems with. Its something that I and everyone would need when it comes to designing projects, especially when you're making a game, or making a digital design, etc. Feedback is required for us to know what we could do to improve our design, to locate mistakes or errors, for differing opinions for our final outcomes, and many more.

Nothing to say here for feedback, as it is something that everyone needs to have.

Comments

Popular Posts