Unity Tutorial 02

Good heavens, this tutorial took longer than expected to complete! But thankfully I was able to get lesson 1.2 done on time. So today, I'll be discussing what I've learned from this week's tutorial, what I liked about it and what I didn't like about doing it. 

Unity Lesson 2


So first things first; what have we done for this week's exercise? For this week's lesson, I had to get our vehicle moving. We learned how to apply new variables in order to get our vehicle to move, manually controlling the vehicle speed, have the vehicle rotate instead of slide and finally I learned how to clean and organise our scripts and hierarchies to be more organized.

From performing the two exercises, there was some stuff that I found liking but also disliking too.

One aspect that I liked whilst doing this week's exercise was getting the car moving. From this tutorial, I was able to learn new variables in order to get a vehicle or any other movable object moving. I learned how to move the vehicle straight, back, left and right and I achieved this by applying new variables taught into the script. I also liked the part of cleaning out the scripts and making it more organized. This is a crucial part of our learning that I believe should be known. It'll help us in future projects on how to make your code more organized.

One aspect that I didn't like whilst doing this week's exercise was the plane challenge. It was a bit difficult as we had to do this without a guide. It was almost like walking into blind. Nonetheless, I was able to get the plane to move around, and this was thankfully done with the help of my notes taken from previous lessons, but it took a while for me to figure out what to change or adjust to make it work.


Comments

Popular Posts