First Playable

 

For this week and the last two weeks, I've been constantly working on my game.

Viewpoint 1
Full view of my game
Fuller view of the map. Really need to put a skybox in mine.

Originally It was meant to take only a week and a half to completely create the map itself and then paint the textures and place the characters and terrain decor. However, due to other assignments and family matters it took longer than expected to get it sorted out. This week I was able to finish doing what I intended and am now I'm currently coding my character's movements. 

WIP


So far I've only been able to make my character move forward and that's about it. Right now I'm trying to find a Unity tutorial that'll help me animate my character movements. I've recently found that there is a Character controller already set in Unity, hence I'll be looking to find tutorials on the Character Controller function and see what I can do with it. The only thing I'll find difficult in is figuring out how to animate my character's own movements - As in swiping or blocking etc. I've found a couple of tutorials which I'll have to watch through and see which works best for me.






Comments

  1. Hey Ron! The first thing that I did when I got directed to your blog was went to your Game Design Document post but it seems that your Document is actually on private, I'm not sure if you know but I done the same and it's an easy fix! After that I came here to see how you were getting on with developing your prototype and first playable and I have to say I think it's looking really good! The map looks really professional and I think it would definitely influence somebody to play the game longer as there will be so much to explore. One thing I couldn't see was what the genre of your game is? Is it an adventure game? Anyway I hope the game and the rest of the semester goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ron
    first I have to say WOW!!!!!!
    Your game so far looks amazing I cant wait to see it when it is complete and ya I'm having trouble with my animation as well I can only can my player to do idel ,even when hes moving

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ron, I can't believe you'll be painting the map by yourself. That's very cool and I don't think I would be able to do that, so good job for going above and beyond. Have you thought about downloading assets of the Unity store to add to your character as it seems you're trying to do everything from scratch. The Unity store has maps and characters and their movements ready to be installed. Maybe it could help with speeding up your progress instead of trying to code your own character movements. Then all you need to do is apply those functions to your character with the script instead of making the movements yourself. Overall though some great work so keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ron! Your game looks incredible so far, I can't believe you made everything yourself. I have some tutorials on character controllers if you want them. One of the youtubers is Irish and he animates his character as well but the only downside is that they're 25 minutes each (his name is gamesplusjames). Will you have any enemies spawning at you in the game? You should have really basic enemies if you are, this game already took you a long time to make. I feel like making everything else simple will help you a lot! Is this a medieval type game? if so you should have some basic medieval music! - Anna Zurawska

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Ron!
    WOW Ron, your game aesthetics looks amaziiiing! Congrats for that!!!
    I'm also having trouble with my animation, I can't get it to work as it should ~cry
    I can't believe you did your very own map! How tricky was it?
    Just wondering, will you have any enemies in the game?
    Looking forward to watch you game trailer >.< and best of luck on these last days of semester 1 :D
    Lívia Alencar

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts