Game Design Document for my game

Images of my game project

Game Hud
Game Level

Gilgamesh: Game Design Document

There wasn't anything too difficult when it came to writing up the GDD. Although there are a few things to note. 

Firstly, The map design isn't the final alliteration. I was thinking of making some adjustments to the map for some better clarity and probably reduce the number of puzzles. Don't want to overload the map with a lot of stuff going on. 

Secondly, the sounds I'm not too sure and keen on. I can probably locate the sound files I'll need for my game such as for moving objects or for when your weapon hits something. However, music is something I'm not looking keen to add to my game. It'll be hard to find the right type of music for my game setting not to mention the making sure its royalty-free and not someone's own music.

Comments

  1. Hey Anna

    Great game design document, i really enjoyed reading more about you game and the direction you a planning to go in, i think the name of the game "steer clear" is great and fits the game perfectly. i think that you have a clear premise and you fully understand exactly how you want this concept to be executed. im looking forward seeing how it turns out

    ReplyDelete


  2. Hi Ron, I like to read your game design document and the game idea sounds interesting. Are you going to design survival game or adventure game? Which game genre is it going to be in a final?

    Also, I like the idea to change the enemies(obstacles) during the game, it will make the game more interactive and interesting. You said, you are going to add sound effects, it's a great idea. I wish you good luck, and hope to play your game.

    BDW, could you please allow access to your dundoc page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ron! I tried to read your GDD but the Dundoc says its private and I can't access it :( I think there's an option to make it public and readable only! But yeah about what you were saying in your blog I do agree that making a smaller map would be better not just from our perspective as a player with an overloaded map but also from yours as the programmer! For the music try to look for game music assets on unity or itch.io, there might be something there! Wish you best of luck and look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ron! Like Finneas I tried to read your GDD but it say it is a private document. I have however read your game design idea blog and know a little bit about your game. Your game seems like a lot of fun and something I would like to play myself.

    I am just wondering what the overall genre of your game is going to be? As it is possible that it could fit into several catagories! Your map seems to be really well thought out which is brilliant and it will be really fun to see it in a real game.

    Good luck with it!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts