Beta: Gilgamesh

It's been a stressing week for me and next week is gonna be the finale in terms of finishing my game and meeting the requirements of my game as soon as possible before the end. 

So far, I have been able to get some of the simple stuff that I wanted to be finished for my game; that being patrol patterns for the enemies and FINALLY get my character to not sink through the floor as he has for the last two weeks. This problem kept recurring due to problems with the rigid body of my character, and this saw both delays for my game and me ditching the character assets that I was using and using a different one for my character. 

Finally, I can rest easy now, knowing that he will not sink any more.

I have also managed to get my character's movements animated and have him moving with the W, S, A and D keys, which is another big win for me this week. 

As for what part of my game right now that I'm finding difficult to execute, there isn't anything that I'm finding difficult at this point in time. Prior to this blog being written, it would have been the Character controller and the sinking-through-the-floor dilemma. I went through a lot of tutorials in the last two weeks; each different and still the issue was still apparent. It wasn't until Saturday evening that I found the right tutorial on youtube and it has helped fixed my character issue.

Comments

Popular Posts