Planning: Reading 02


For this Semester we will be researching chosen topics in relations to video games. Once completed, we would then compile our written documents into an academic book for use. 


Before that though, we compiled what we could research about for the book. Once we've completed this, we then chose which ones we can research about. The topic I've chosen from the excel sheet was, at first, Strategy games, however, I found it difficult to find academic resources and papers on the topic, hence I've now switched to Health Benefits of Playing Video Games. Although the topics we've chosen aren't set in stone yet. This will give us time to think about our chosen topic whilst also researching if our chosen topic is plausible.


With my chosen topic for the book, I began formulating my search strategy. There are several search methods to utilise for this. One of them was searching up keywords related to my topic. Once I've identified articles that are related to my proposed topic, I then used a Review Matrix to take important information out of the reading. This prevents us from reading the entire article. By taking out the important parts, we're saving ourselves time, making it easier on ourselves and saves us from future headaches. 


Comments

Popular Posts