Annotated Bibliography: Reading 03

Our task to do for this week is to allocate and gather articles and documents relating to our chosen topic. Once completed, we would then extract any source materials that would be useful for our document and compile them into an Annotated Bibliography.

Example of an Annotated
Bibliography

So what is an annotated bibliography? A simple answer to this question is that their essential list of notes and paragraphs taken from books, articles and documents. This first part is known as the citation. Each citation contains a brief but short description of information known as an annotation. These help to inform the accuracy of the information for the reader.

So the first thing to do is to search and collect articles, documents and books relating to our chosen research topic. To do this, I used specific keywords to locate any materials related to my research topic. Examples of articles and documents that I've found relating to my chosen topic are; 10 Surprising Health Benefits of Video Games, Cognitive Benefits playing Video Games and Role of Video Games in Improving Health-Related Outcomes

Image of one of the articles I've found about my research topic.

After finding four articles or documents relating to my topic I then began formulating my annotated bibliography. I constructed my bibliography on Microsoft Word. 

 

It was excessive and pain-gruelling work, gonna be honest here. Writing down the annotations and citations wasn't the hard part. The actual hard part of doing this reading task was actually picking out the appropriate information to be my citation and annotation. Another difficulty I've found was sourcing and referencing other articles and papers used in my chosen articles. Sometimes the source material is referenced in their own bibliography, and sometime's they're not, hence it makes it more difficult for me to reference them. 

Annotated Bibliography (Link to File).

Comments

Popular Posts